I cannot believe it is already August! There has been so much happening I am afraid I’ve done a poor job at keeping you updated this summer. As soon as “school” is back (in like a month), I will be back as well. I have been enjoying the outdoors while I can and keeping my MacBook hidden away. Here are just a few updates for ya:
1. I am running again. Seven weeks off and I finally have zero pain in my left foot. Walking. Hiking. Running. Skipping. Cycling. Yes, I’ve been skipping with excitement. I am just about back 100%. I did finally get the name of a trusty specialist so I will probably go see her just in case. I forfeited my Hood to Coast entry because I just didn’t think it would be smart to push it quite yet. Which also means the Portland Marathon in October is out as well. This season of life is called: recovery. I am embracing it, pouty and all.
2. I have been to a bridal shower, a bachelorette party, a baby shower, and two weddings in the past month. I am about partied out (and so is my bank account). Except we have just one more destination wedding in Hood River. Very much looking forward to that one! Katy is a trusty running partner I met back in November. She reminds me of a much cooler, pacific nw version of my younger self. Her and Brent are getting married Labor Day weekend– we cannot wait!
Texas visitors, weddings and showers!
3. My car is back and good as new. I actually took her BACK to the river on Sunday for another float trip. I figured getting hit twice was highly unlikely. My car made out fine but my arm did not. I got stung by a bee and had a moderate allergic reaction (envision marshmallow arm) . Lots of benedryl is keeping the pain at bay and me sleepy at work. I wont gross you out with a pic.
4. I have been riding my bike!!! A LOT. I ride it to and from the gym, to and from dinner, to and from a friend’s house, to and from mid-week runs. I love how bike-friendly this city is. I wish I had taken more advantage of riding places when I was in college or in Birmingham. Especially those places that were so close to home.
5. We purchased our first piece of artwork for the house! I have been scouring the interwebs for weeks looking for a sweet deal. Many thanks to One King’s Lane we purchased Sonny the Longhorn! I have no clue where we will hang him but I knew when I saw him he would be hanging in my house eventually.
Sonny the Longhorn
6. I am officially a Tuesday morning spin class instructor at the gym. It’s about time. I got certified several years ago and life just got in the way of my following through with teaching. I love our gym and am excited about meeting new people through my class.
7. Beginner Spanish – I finished my podcasts and finally signed up! Because my fall schedule is already looking busy, I decided to begin learning on my own, via an online class. It will force me to study and learn without having to attend a physical class one night every week for eight weeks. I will see how it goes then move on to a conversations class hopefully during a “winter term.” Vamonos!
8. I’m getting
better AWESOME at my job. Finally. One year later. Guess who heard “We put aside $100,000 – I’d like to move forward with YOU as lead on this campaign” ???? THIS GIRL! Sorry, just had to brag. Hard, hard, hard work pays off. A long term goal I have is to never stop learning. I have learned so much this year already!
9. A trip in February is in the works! We are thinking of heading to New Orleans for Mardi Gras then up to Birmingham to see our friends… “alabama, arkansas… I do love my ma and pa”
Crawfish boil at Tapalaya!
10. I joined a wine club!!!! You may not be as excited as me, but you should be. That means when you come visit we will take our bikes to wine country, park the car, ride 25 miles out to Willakenzie, wine taste and eat lunch overlooking the vineyards, then bike 25 back. Next weekend is A Day in the Vineyard – only Cellar Club members are invited for a day of seminars and tastings.
Hope y’all southerners are withstanding the heat! Miss, love and hugs from Portland!!