1. Since it is taking the sun later to show herself in the mornings I have to begin my run in the dark. I am gradually becoming more fearless– strapping a light around my waist and one at my knuckles, praying I don’t run into raccoons. So far, so good. The benefit of starting while the stars are still out is getting the chance to watch the sun rise. This is a glimpse of Mt. Hood from the top of the southwest hills taken mid-run this week.
2. I don’t get to be creative that often in my job so when a friend asks me to help design something (and the time permits) I am all over it. Here is a peek of an invite I am designing for the hostesses in Birmingham.
3. John ordered me a new cookbook! While I cannot wait to crack the pages, I am also a tad nervous. I don’t do well out of my comfort zone and this definitely throws me across the threshold. I will take pictures and post results of my first attempts.
4. This is my new lock screen wallpaper on my phone. It has been a good reminder for me this week. You wouldn’t believe how many times I have to check my attitude at the door before going into yet another meeting or even before answering a phone call. Let’s be honest, there are some days when we need to remember to be kinder than we feel.
5. Avenue of the Giants Marathon on May 5th! I cannot wait to run through the redwoods! This is just one of the many races I have picked out for the upcoming months. Recovered and ready to run again is a good place to be.